Update on New Library Plans and Construction Grant Application
The outcome of Article 11, at April’s Town Meeting, determines the next steps in Wayland’s library construction grant application.
Two public forums will give residents an opportunity to learn more about the proposed library project — the preliminary design concept included in the application, the project timeline, and the Town Meeting article.
Tappé Architects, the Board of Library Trustees, and the Library Planning Committee will be on hand to answer questions.
Thursday Mar. 23 | 7 p.m. Saturday Mar. 25 | 10 a.m.
Raytheon Room in the Library
– asks Wayland residents to approve the preliminary design concept that is included in the application.
– asks Wayland residents to apply for and use the state grant money (if awarded) only for this library project.
– qualifies Wayland for a library construction grant that would cover approximately 40% of eligible construction costs.
– does NOT commit Wayland residents to build a new library – that decision would come only if the Town receives a grant and voters at a future Town Meeting fund the project.
– does NOT mean Wayland residents are approving the final design of a new library – if the Town receives a grant and voters at a future Town Meeting fund the project, public input on the design would take place.
– does NOT appropriate any Town funds at this time – that decision would come only if the Town receives a grant and voters at a future Town Meeting fund the project.